Flowers Securities Litigation
c/o A.B. Data, Ltd.
P.O. Box 173079
Milwaukee, WI 53217
Settlement Website: www.flowerssecuritieslitigation.com
1. It is important that you completely read and understand the Notice of (I) Pendency of Class Action, Certification of Settlement Class, and Proposed Settlement; (II) Settlement Fairness Hearing; and (III) Motion for an Award of Attorneys’ Fees and Reimbursement of Litigation Expenses (the “Notice”) that accompanies this Claim Form, including the Plan of Allocation of the Net Settlement Fund set forth in the Notice. The Notice describes the proposed Settlement, how Settlement Class Members are affected by the Settlement, and the manner in which the Net Settlement Fund will be distributed if the Settlement and Plan of Allocation are approved by the Court. The Notice also contains the definitions of many of the defined terms (which are indicated by initial capital letters) used in this Claim Form. By signing and submitting this Claim Form, you will be certifying that you have read and that you understand the Notice, including the terms of the releases described therein and provided for herein.
2. By submitting this Claim Form, you will be making a request to share in the proceeds of the Settlement described in the Notice. IF YOU ARE NOT A SETTLEMENT CLASS MEMBER (see the definition of the Settlement Class on page 1 of the Notice, which sets forth who is included in and who is excluded from the Settlement Class), OR IF YOU, OR SOMEONE ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF, SUBMITTED A REQUEST FOR EXCLUSION FROM THE SETTLEMENT CLASS, DO NOT SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM. YOU MAY NOT, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, PARTICIPATE IN THE SETTLEMENT IF YOU ARE NOT A SETTLEMENT CLASS MEMBER. THUS, IF YOU ARE EXCLUDED FROM THE SETTLEMENT CLASS, ANY CLAIM FORM THAT YOU SUBMIT, OR THAT MAY BE SUBMITTED ON YOUR BEHALF, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
3. Submission of this Claim Form does not guarantee that you will share in the proceeds of the Settlement. The distribution of the Net Settlement Fund will be governed by the Plan of Allocation set forth in the Notice, if it is approved by the Court, or by such other plan of allocation as the Court approves.
4. Use the Schedule of Transactions in Section II of this Claim Form to supply all required details of your transaction(s) (including free transfers and deliveries) in and holdings of Flowers Foods common stock. On this schedule, please provide all of the requested information with respect to your holdings, purchases, acquisitions, and sales of Flowers Foods common stock, whether such transactions resulted in a profit or a loss. Failure to report all transaction and holding information during the requested time periods may result in the rejection of your claim.
5.Please note: Only Flowers Foods common stock purchased during the Settlement Class Period (i.e., from February 7, 2013 through August 10, 2016, inclusive) is eligible under the Settlement. However, under the “90-day look-back period” (described in the Plan of Allocation set forth in the Notice), your sales of Flowers Foods common stock during the period from August 11, 2016 through November 8, 2016, inclusive, will be used for purposes of calculating your claim under the Plan of Allocation. Therefore, in order for the Claims Administrator to be able to balance your claim, the requested purchase information during the 90-day look-back period must also be provided.
6. You are required to submit genuine and sufficient documentation for all of your transactions in and holdings of Flowers Foods common stock set forth in the Schedule of Transactions in Part III of this Claim Form. Documentation may consist of copies of brokerage confirmation slips or monthly brokerage account statements, or an authorized statement from your broker containing the transactional and holding information found in a broker confirmation slip or account statement. The Parties and the Claims Administrator do not independently have information about your investments in Flowers Foods common stock. IF SUCH DOCUMENTS ARE NOT IN YOUR POSSESSION, PLEASE OBTAIN COPIES OR EQUIVALENT DOCUMENTS FROM YOUR BROKER. FAILURE TO SUPPLY THIS DOCUMENTATION MAY RESULT IN THE REJECTION OF YOUR CLAIM. DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please keep a copy of all documents that you send to the Claims Administrator. Also, please do not highlight any portion of the Claim Form or any supporting documents.
7. Separate Claim Forms should be submitted for each separate legal entity (e.g., a claim from joint owners should not include separate transactions of just one of the joint owners, and an individual should not combine his or her IRA transactions with transactions made solely in the individual’s name). Conversely, a single Claim Form should be submitted on behalf of one legal entity including all transactions made by that entity on one Claim Form, no matter how many separate accounts that entity has (e.g., a corporation with multiple brokerage accounts should include all transactions made in all accounts on one Claim Form).
8. All joint beneficial owners must each sign this Claim Form and their names must appear as “Claimants” in Part I of this Claim Form. If you purchased Flowers Foods common stock during the Settlement Class Period and held the shares in your name, you are the beneficial owner as well as the record owner and you must sign this Claim Form to participate in the Settlement. If, however, you purchased or otherwise acquired Flowers Foods common stock during the relevant time period and the securities were registered in the name of a third party, such as a nominee or brokerage firm, you are the beneficial owner of these shares, but the third party is the record owner. The beneficial owner, not the record owner, must sign this Claim Form to be eligible to participate in the Settlement.
9. Agents, executors, administrators, guardians, and trustees must complete and sign the Claim Form on behalf of persons represented by them, and they must:
10. By submitting a signed Claim Form, you will be swearing that you:
11. By submitting a signed Claim Form, you will be swearing to the truth of the statements contained therein and the genuineness of the documents attached thereto, subject to penalties of perjury under the laws of the United States of America. The making of false statements, or the submission of forged or fraudulent documentation, will result in the rejection of your claim and may subject you to civil liability or criminal prosecution.
12. If the Court approves the Settlement, payments to eligible Authorized Claimants pursuant to the Plan of Allocation (or such other plan of allocation as the Court approves) will be made after any appeals are resolved, and after the completion of all claims processing. The claims process will take substantial time to complete fully and fairly. Please be patient.
13. PLEASE NOTE: As set forth in the Plan of Allocation, each Authorized Claimant shall receive his, her, or its pro rata share of the Net Settlement Fund. If the prorated payment to any Authorized Claimant calculates to less than $10.00, it will not be included in the calculation and no distribution will be made to that Authorized Claimant.
14. If you have questions concerning the Claim Form, or need additional copies of the Claim Form or the Notice, you may contact the Claims Administrator, A.B. Data Ltd., at the above address, by email at info@FlowersSecuritiesLitigation.com, or by toll-free phone at (877) 227-6101, or you can visit the Settlement website, www.FlowersSecuritiesLitigation.com, where copies of the Claim Form and Notice are available for downloading.